Iklan Billboard 970x250

Cardi B Deletes Her Instagram Account After Row With Azealia Banks

Cardi B Deletes Her Instagram Account After Row With Azealia Banks

Cardi B has deleted her Instagram account and set her Twitter to private after a bitter argument with Azealia Banks. It started on Friday – when Azealia told a US radio station that Cardi was an “illiterate, untalented rat” and a “caricature of a blackwoman”.
She said black female culture peaked two years ago with the Beyoncé album Lemonade – but since then things have gone “like Cardi B”.
“I’m just talking about this caricature of a black woman that black women themselves would never be able to get away with,” she continued.
“Like, if my spelling and grammar was that bad, I’d be canceled. If Nicki Minaj spelled like that, we would be ragging on her all day.”
Responding, Cardi on her now-deleted account, said: “A woman who constantly finds joy in belittling black women can’t try and stand for them because it’s convenient! The difference between me and you, I’ve never pretended to be or represent someone I’m not! I’ve made it where I am for being myself and staying true to that.
“Just because I mix a few words up forgot to use commas or misspell a few words doesn’t make me illiterate and doesn’t make me stupid. And because I laugh a little harder or talk a little louder doesn’t make me a caricature! You think you’re advocating for women and you’re doing the opposite! I pray you find peace in your own heart and reason in your own mind. Pray for your own success before you pray for the downfall of others.”

The two rappers have fallen out before. Back in September Azealia called Cardi-a “poor man’s Nicki Minaj”.
SHARE

Related Posts

Subscribe to get free updates

Post a Comment